- A friend of mine needed to keep track of the water level in a rural water tank. Several years later, they needed a replacement.
- Sub-$10 sensor network node - Microcontroller, Lithium Ion cell charger, 915 MHz ISM band FSK/ASK radio. The 915MHz-BCON.
- Thirty-two digit, 7+1 Segment LED display panel. Suitable for DRO applications.
- Salvage an RF module from an Xbox 360 and use it with a desktop computer: a how-to.
- My 1320 lumen bike light project, made from old laptop batteries and spare parts.
- DIY bench-top power supply, made from salvaged and surplus parts.
- A basic 65C02 microprocessor computer on a 4"x3" PCB. Bonus: It fits on top of a Parallax BoE-bot frame.
- 'Low cost' two axis multipurpose desktop CNC table; Parallax Propeller, Allegro A4988 stepper motor drivers, and a whole bunch of aluminum.
Teardown and Tinker
- Ever wondered what was on the inside of a Mitsubishi OmniQuest ST251 Mobile Satellite Terminal?
- Took a look into the microcontroller of the Nintendo Wiimote with an eye twoard running arbitrary code on it.
- Hey, look what I found! A Kodak Theatre HD Player for five bucks! Let's take it apart and make it do tricks.
- Documenting my shenanigans with a HTC Dream/T-Mobile G1/Google G1 phone
NewsDates in YYYY-MM-DD format because what the hell is wrong with you people why would you do it any other way. 2020-01-11 - It's been a while; I've put together a bunch of updates for ya'll: Wiimote, water tank level monitors V1 and V2, and teardown of a Mitsubishi satellite terminal. 2015-08-03 - I put together a parts kit (unofficially) for DEFCON 23 Hardware Hacking Village. Check out the documentation here. 2015-04-09 - After several years (!) of on-again-off-again development my 32 digit LED displays are up
A test board has been built up, the CPLD works, and I'm diving into the firmware. 2013-10-08 - 65C02 SBC boards are off to the printer. 2013-08-29 - I start my investigations into building a 'low cost' two axis multipurpose desktop CNC table.